Combination door locks: the best choices
Whether you own a home, condominium, apartment building, office or business, you need to ensure the security of your property, your documents and the people inside the building. That’s why it’s important to install a lock that’s efficient, practical and secure at the entry door.
If you’ve been thinking about installing a keypad lock to facilitate the comings and goings of the whole family, you might not know which one to choose, given the vast range of models that are available on the market. But not to worry! Here are some tips, including our top three picks, to help you choose the best combination door lock for your needs.
Combination door lock features and benefits
Keypad locks are very practical and secure. By simply entering a code (a combination of numbers) on a touchscreen or keypad, you can open your door without having to use a key. They’re an ideal solution for those who are constantly losing their keys or those who are always on the go! They offer numerous other advantages, including the following:
- Possibility of programming multiple combinations per lock so that each resident can have a unique user code
- Availability of reports on the times that each code is used in order to improve monitoring
- Possibility of creating temporary codes, a practical solution when you’re going on vacation and want to give a neighbor access to your home or when you’re having work done by a contractor
- Excellent level of security
- Quick, automatic unlocking
Our top picks in combination door locks
SMARTair™ series from Mul-T-Lock
The SMARTair series of innovative access and control systems from Mul-T-Lock stands out thanks to its advanced technology.
- Secured access to your home or commercial and industrial buildings
- High-security system
- Premium quality
- Efficient performance
- Excellent durability
Connect™ series from Schlage
This series includes the model offering the best residential security, with a keyless touchscreen-activated deadbolt, an alarm and Century trim.
- ANSI Grade 1 certification
- Durable touchscreen with a matte finish that resists fingerprints and smudges
- Touchscreen designed to prevent picking or modification of the lock
- Heavy-duty motorized deadbolt (automatic locking and unlocking)
- Capacity to store up to 30 user codes in memory
- Selection of knobs and levers, including Elan
- Integrated alarm technology to detect door movements
- Compatibility with Z-Wave® wireless technology to make your home more secure and practical
Keypad lever from Schlage
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 certification
- Versatile lock
- Epoxy-coated buttons to prevent numbers from wearing off
- Limited lifetime warranty on mechanics and finish
- One-year warranty on electronics
- Capacity to store up to 19 user codes in memory
- Compatibility with Z-Wave® wireless technology, allowing you to control your residential deadbolt lock from anywhere through your smartphone
Would you like to install a combination lock on the front door of your home? Contact the experts at Serruriers Amherst Inc. They’ll be happy to advise you as to the best model to suit your needs.